Job opening for a Full-time Bioinformatician
- Bioinformatics / Computational biology / NGS data analysis
- Institute of Cancer Research, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
- Closing Date
Full-time Bioinformatician (40 hours/week):
We are seeking a highly motivated, well-organized, independent and proactive bioinformatician to support our projects. The position is full-time (40 hours/week) and in the group of Joanna Loizou, at the Institute of Cancer Research of the Medical University of Vienna. The main focus of our group research is to understand how genome stability is maintained. To do so, we use genome-wide approaches (e.g. ChIP-seq, CRISPR screens), genomics (e.g. mutational signatures), gene expression (e.g. RNA-seq), NGS-based approaches and bioinformatic tools.
The Research Group:
We are a highly dynamic, collaborative and interactive international research group working on genome integrity. The 14-member team consists of PhD students, postdoctoral scientists and research assistants.
We are looking for a reliable, highly organized and motivated candidate with good social and communication skills, with the following profile:
• PhD in bioinformatics, or related fields
• Strong expertise in programming languages (python and/or R are preferred) and statistical analysis
• Previous expertise in handling and analysing large datasets (NGS data, metabolomics, RNA-seq, etc)
• Knowledge of existing databases to extract clinically relevant data, as well as gene-gene and gene-drug interactions
• She/He should be willing to acquire further skills and contribute to the development of new analytical methods
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
An application must contain the following documents:
• A letter of motivation
• A complete CV
• A complete list of publications
• Contact details of 3 referees including the last employer
The application is to be submitted as a single, merged pdf file to Joanna.email@example.com. The position will be available from the 1st of December 2020. Applicants will be contacted for interviews on a first come, first serve basis, starting in November.
Scientific Environment and Location:
MedUni Vienna is one of the most important top-level research institutions in Europe and provides Europe's largest hospital, the AKH in Vienna, with all of its medical staff. With its long history and tradition, which covers 640 years, MedUni has developed into a highly modern research institution that employs a staff of 5,000, of which 1,800 are researchers and 1,600 are medical doctors. Each year 100,000 patients are treated as inpatients.
Vienna is a beautiful, affordable and culturally rich central European capital city that has been consistently voted by the Mercer survey as number 1 in the world for quality of living.
The advertisement will be open until the position is filled. The monthly salary will be in line with the FWF salary scheme, will depend on qualifications and experience and will approx. 3,889.50 EUR gross monthly income.
- Main contact
- Name: Joanna Loizou